Get Travel SmartThe Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad. For the latest travel advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check and follow @FCDOtravelGovUK and

Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office also provides the following advice:

Before you depart:

 Take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling and make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do.

 If you are travelling to the EU, and you apply for a card now, you'll get a new UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) instead of an EHIC, visit to understand what it covers - you still need full travel insurance though! You do not need to apply for a GHIC if you already have an EHIC. Your EHIC remains valid in the EU until it expires. An EHIC or GHIC is free of charge. Read our guide about EHIC

 ​​​​​From 1 January 2021, GHICs and most UK EHICs will not cover you in Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland. You can read about destinations at

 Learn about the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you’re visiting and understand how they differ from home, check

Check you & your group all have passports that are valid, check, fill out the emergency details, look after it while travelling and keep it in a safe place.

Make sure you have all necessary visas.

Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture or make copies and store them securely.

 Research vaccinations or any other medical requirements for your destination, and if necessary visit a travel health clinic before you travel. For medical advice visit

 Ensure you take the contact details of the local British Consulate in case of emergencies -

 Understand what consular staff can and can’t do to help British nationals travelling overseas, check

 Act responsibly, and be responsible for yourself when abroad.

To discuss more about your travelling requirements  get in touch with your Equity School Group Co-ordinator who will get back to you as soon as we can.