Health & Safety
Up-to-date travel information for your destination can also be obtained from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.
A great concern to us is the health and safety of our groups. We use our safety management system to promote safety awareness to our suppliers and staff.
Download our Health and Safety Booklet
Read our Safeguarding Policy
Read our Equity Health and Safety Policy
Safety Management System (SMS)
Our SMS lays out our commitment to safety when organising our operations. This is achieved in part through our supplier audits, which are regularly completed to School Travel Forum guidelines, to make sure that our transport, hotel and excursion suppliers are in line with national safety standards and are appropriately documented.
We're aware of the challenges party leaders face when running educational tours, so to ensure your trip is as safe as possible, we are happy to support you with Health & Safety information to deal with other safety planning issues.
School Travel Forum
Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC)
Equity Ltd. is accredited by the LoTC and has been awarded the Quality Badge. This recognises that we have demonstrated a commitment to supplying tours and trips of educational value.
View our certificate
Please click here for further information about our STF and LOtC accreditation.
We are members of ABTA (The Association of British Travel Agents), membership number V5376. More information about ABTA, its code of conduct and the arbitration scheme available if you have a complaint can be found at www.abta.com
ABTA Checklist for Disabled and Less Mobile Passengers.
The air tours in our programme are protected through our ATOL (Air Travel Organiser’s Licence), number 2680, which is given to us by the CAA.
Our coach operators are well established and reliable, whether chosen by us or supplied by trusted agents. All undergo an audit to make sure they provide a high standard of vehicles and drivers, which are both trustworthy and safe. Seat belts are available on all UK coaches, but this is not always the case on overseas coaches. We do however try to employ coaches with seatbelts whenever we can. Audits are carried out in accordance with standards set by the School Travel Forum.
We do our very best to choose properties which are suited to school group accommodation and audits are carried out on all the properties featured on this website. These cover all essential safety concerns, such as food hygiene, fire and pool safety, and security. The audits are carried out in accordance with standards set by the School Travel Forum.
Until further notice, we have put in place specific procedures for the safety of all our groups and as part of our normal business operations. Typically, these procedures may include but are not limited to:
- • Social distancing measures (currently 2m in England but this varies from country to country); distancing can be for example in guest dining areas with one-way systems and use of a same seat policy throughout trips.
- • Personal hygiene measures encouraged for staff and guests throughout their trip i.e. frequent washing of hands and/or use of numerous hand sanitisers in key locations and touch points, luggage handling procedures and single use headsets.
- • Effective sanitisation measures and regular sanitising of hand touch points and luggage, sanitisation confirmation stickers, contactless payments, contactless or off-site check-in/out points.
- • Cleaning and disinfection measures for guest accommodation, coach cabins and seating areas which are cleaned with effective COVID-19 chemicals.
- • PPE (personal protective equipment) measures will be provided by Equity and face masks to be worn within accommodation areas, onboard flights, public transport and coach hire are essential.
- • Limited capacity/attendee measures at public gatherings and in enclosed spaces.
- • Health check measures procedures in place on-site to regularly symptom/temperature check guests and staff with possible isolation/quarantine measures in place for any suspected infection.
Please refer to our Health & Safety booklet for more information.