FOR EQUITY INSPIRING LEARNING LTD
1. YOUR CONTRACT WITH US
To confirm a booking, the party leader, representing the school or educational body, Hereinafter called ‘’The Party Leader’’ accepts the following terms and conditions on behalf of all party members and will be our sole point of correspondence and contact. Please read them carefully as they set out and explain the responsibilities and obligations undertaken by all parties when booking with us. These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law and reinforce the protection provided by the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales only.
2. PROTECTING YOUR MONEY
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. We will be responsible for the proper performance of all travel services included in the package.
We provide full financial protection for our package tours that includes flights by way of our Air Travel Organisers License (ATOL) number 2680 issued by the Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex RH6 0YR telephone 0333 103 6350 www.caa.co.uk. When you buy an ATOL protected flight inclusive tour from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you, and who to contact if things go wrong.
We will provide you with services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative) In some cases, where we aren’t able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you) You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or credit card issuer where applicable).
If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reason of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust, may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may arising out of or relating to the non provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable) You also agree that any such claims may be reassigned to another body, if that body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
The price of any flight inclusive tour includes the amount currently of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our advertised prices The ATOL charge may be changed by ATOL in the future and any increase in charge we will pass on.
Bookings confirmed from 1st MAY 2020 the following statement applies
When you buy a package tour that does not include a flight, we provide full financial protection for the tour by way of a bond held by ABTA The Travel Association, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ www.abta.co.uk. You agree to accept that in the event of insolvency ABTA may arrange for the services you have bought to continue, or for a suitable alternative to be provided at the same cost as your original booking. You also agree to accept circumstances where the travel service supplier provides the services you have bought, you agree to pay outstanding sum under your contract with us to that alternative travel service provider. However, you also agree that in some cases the services will not be provided, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under ABTA’s Scheme of Protection (or your payment card issuer where applicable) for a refund of monies you have paid.
We are a member of ABTA, membership number V5376. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service following ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA's scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we cannot resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com for ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.This ODR platform is a means of notifying us of your complaint; it will not determine how your complaint should be solved.
Bookings created prior to and including 31 March 2020 the following statement applies
FOR NON AIR TRAVEL BOOKINGS Equity Inspiring Learning Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation document. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Equity Inspiring Learning. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Travel through HDI Global SE UK Ltd. Claims: In the event of any incident likely to give rise to a claim the Lead Name(s) and/or Passenger(s) shall give immediate notification (but in no event later than 14 days) to the Claims Department at email@example.com Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance.
4. BOOKING AND PAYING FOR YOUR TOUR
As part of your booking journey we will provide you with an itinerary proposal which will set out our current pricing for the tour. Once you have confirmed your willingness to proceed with the proposal we will raise a formal quote which will confirm actual pricing and will be valid for 7 days from the date of issue or otherwise as agreed in writing between the parties.
A confirmed booking is made with us when you pay us a deposit in accordance with the time scales set out below and when we issue you with a booking confirmation. A binding contract will only come into existence once we have issued you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking/contract and will be sent to you. Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on the confirmation (or any other document) are wrong you must advise us immediately in writing to your Account Manager as changes cannot be made without mutual agreement. We will not be responsible for any loss or agree any compensation if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within five days of our sending the booking confirmation out The balance of the cost of your arrangements (including any applicable surcharge) is due in accordance with the time scales set out below. If we do not receive these balances in full and on time, including all deposits, final payments and supplementary charges, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case the cancellation charges set out in clause 6 (cancellations) will become payable. For the avoidance of doubt and at our absolute discretion, if you fail to pay any deposits, final or supplementary payments then you will have deemed to have cancelled your booking and the payments made to date will not be refunded and any outstanding due payments will still be due and payable. (See clause 6 – Cancellations) Our deposit payment dates are often far in advance of travel, and are payable as below in order that we may secure elements of your package as soon as possible. If you do not pay your deposits in line with this schedule, and without prejudice to your deemed cancellation as referred to above, we reserve the right to pass on any resulting increase in tour price and changes to your resort and accommodation. If you do not want to accept the change you may cancel as per the terms of these booking conditions (see Clause 6 – Cancellations.)
Unless previously agreed in writing the following deposits are payable
|Payment per paying passenger||Due Date||UK Trips||European Destinations (under £400)||European Destinations (over £400)||World Wide Destinations|
|1st Deposit:||On confirmation||£40||£80||£100||£100|
|2nd Deposit: *||After 8 weeks||£50||£120||£200||£200|
|3rd Deposit: *||After 12 weeks||£50||-||£100||£100|
|Final Balance**||12 Weeks Prior to departure|
* Second and third deposits will be combined with 1st deposits if booking within 6 months of departure.
** If your booking is made 12 weeks or less before departure (defined as a late booking), full payment is due on confirmation.
The final balance is due no less than 12 weeks before departure. Where this date falls within a school holiday when payment cannot be made, full payment must be made by the last working day of the preceding school term. A final invoice for the balance due will be sent to The Party Leader approximately 16 weeks prior to the departure of your tour. Payment should be made by bank transfer where possible. If payment is made by cheque you should allow 5 working days for clearance from the time we receive it. Any monies paid to The Party Leader in respect of your tour are held by The Party Leader on behalf of the party members until such times as we have dispatched written confirmation of your booking, after which all monies held by The Party Leader are held on our behalf.
We reserve the right to charge a greater first deposit or request payment by a certain date to confirm your tour arrangements (for example airlines that require full payment at time of booking); if this is the case you will be advised at the time of booking.
For the avoidance of doubt any missed deadlines or missed payments as specified on your booking confirmation in relation to – participants names submission, payment deadline dates, amendment fees, name change fees or supplementary surcharges will be deemed to be cancelled by you and your booking will be cancelled with loss of full deposits paid to date and to be paid.
The actual amount of the fee will be stated at the time of payment.
If you pay using a corporate credit card, you will be charged a fee of up to 1.95%.
On receipt of final balance the tour organiser cannot obstruct our duty of fulfilling the booking.
All prices that we advertise are correct at the date published and prices on our websites are updated regularly. Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the website information and prices, we cannot guarantee it and we, therefore, reserve the right to change advertised prices at any time and to correct any errors in advertised and confirmed prices. Prices are obtained from suppliers in advance and may have changed by the time you come to book your trip; before you confirm your booking, we will give you the up-to-date price of your chosen tour including the cost of any supplements, upgrades or additional facilities which you have requested.
Our tour prices are based on the costs of transport, accommodation, etc. Exchange rates are available on request and are dependent on current market rates.
- ● Adult and Student Prices
We strive to ensure that student prices will be applicable to pupils up to the age of 18 years of age however, student ages and prices remain at the discretion of the individual supplier; we reserve the right to pass adult and student prices to you as we are charged. If your party consists of students over 18 years of age, please advise us at the initial enquiry stage because an adult supplement is applicable for clients over 18 years of age at time of travel. Additional adults in excess of the free places offered can normally be accepted at a supplementary charge quoted by our office.
- ● Local Taxes
Please be aware that many European cities are introducing a tourist tax, resort fees or similar that is only payable in local currency on arrival at your hotel. These taxes have been introduced by local governments to improve tourist infrastructure. We do not accept responsibility for these costs, which must be paid by you and are not included within your tour price.
- ● Flight Prices & Advanced Registration
Some airlines will request the full payment for flights at confirmation stage; whilst we endeavour that your payment will cover this amount, we may have to request further payment to guarantee your flights.
Should your flights be available to book when confirming your tour, we are unable to book these until your deposits have cleared in our account and a passenger list is received. Flight prices may change within this period and therefore, at this time, we will reconfirm your tour price. If your flights are not on sale when confirming your trip, we will give you a reasonable indication of the expected price of the tour. Flights and flight prices are subject to change and when these become available, we will confirm any reasonable changes to your tour price. If we do not hear from you regarding the updated tour price within 7 days from the date of receiving it, we are entitled to assume that you will pay the additional cost.
- ● Air Passenger Duty
The UK Government announced on 3 December 2014 that Air Passenger Duty (APD) will no longer be charged for children aged under 16 years on economy class seats. APD is not included in any Equity brochure or quoted price (unless stated). On confirmation of your trip we will apply APD for any paying adults and students aged 16 years and over travelling to, or from the UK. Subsequently, on receipt of your Advanced Passenger Information, we will remove from your invoice the APD charge for all passengers aged 15 and under. Groups not travelling to, or from the UK will not be charged. The rates of APD are detailed below and on your Booking Letter and will be applied to your final invoice. The APD charge is an excise duty imposed by the UK Government and therefore cannot be waived under any circumstance and is subject to change.
As of the 1st April 2020 these rates are currently as follows:
Band A destinations (up to 2,000 miles – mainly Europe)
Total ticket cost + £13 APD fee per person
Band B destinations (over 2,000 miles – all long haul routes)
Total ticket cost + £80 APD fee per person
6. IF YOU CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
If after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way we will try to make these changes but it may not always be possible. If you wish to cancel or amend all or part of your booking, The Party Leader must advise us in writing as soon as possible. Without prejudice to clause 4, a cancellation or amendment is only effective when received in writing by the company.
. Please note that certain travel arrangements (for example, but not limited to; flight/rail tickets) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangement.
Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet any requested change or addition. Where we can meet a request, all changes and additions will be subject to payment of an amendment fee per individual amendment plus any applicable rate changes or any extra costs incurred by ourselves, and any extra costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers; all costs related to these changes will be passed directly back to the client. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made, as per the schedule below, and you should contact us as soon as possible.
Amendment cost based on days before departure and are applied per person per change.
|More than 90 days:||Total amendment cost|
|89 - 0 days:||Total amendment cost + £50 amendment fee|
UK Trips by coach:
Additions and changes to your party are usually possible up until the day before departure; however you must always check with us first by contacting us. Any alterations made by you within 12 weeks of departure will be subject to the charges mentioned above.
International trips by air and coach:
We do not accept any responsibility for incorrect/abbreviated names submitted to us and any subsequent amendments will be dealt with as a name change and will incur the applicable charges outlined above. Passenger information (including full name, age at time of travel, gender) is requested and required at time of booking, without prejudice to clause 4, if your invoice settlement is overdue at the time of requesting a name change this must be paid in full before the change can be made. Any charges or payments must be made before any amendments can take effect.
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges shown below. If the quantity of adult and or child passengers changes, we reserve the right to re-cost the price of your tour and the invoice will be adjusted accordingly for all remaining group members.
Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess and premium) under the terms of your insurance policy. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned. No refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
You can transfer a passenger place on your booking to another person, who satisfies all the conditions that apply to this booking, by giving us notice in writing as soon as possible and no later than 21 days before departure. Both the former and the new traveller are responsible for paying all costs we incur in making the transfer plus the amendment fee.
|Period before departure within which written notice of cancellation is received by us or your Travel Agent and/or you have failed to make payment for deposits, and final and supplementary payments and as such have deemed to have cancelled your booking||Amount of cancellation charge shown as % of tour price
|90 days or more||All deposits paid and or due for payment but not paid as per the booking’s payment schedule, to date. For the avoidance of doubt these unpaid deposit invoices are still due and payable whenever issued.|
|89 – 36 days||70%|
35 - Departure day or afterwards
Subject to paragraph 10 below, you can cancel your booking where we deem your trip is imminent and the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes to advise against all travel and all but essential travel. In such circumstances, we will in our absolute discretion, arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund.
7. CUTTING YOUR TOUR SHORT
If you choose or are forced to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any services you have not used.8. IF WE CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
- ● Changes to the price
We can change your price after you’ve booked, only in certain circumstances: Changes in the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from changes to the cost of fuel or other power sources, the level of taxes or fees imposed by third parties including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports or exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However, there will be no change within 20 days of your departure. We will absorb, and you will not be charged for, any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this results in an increase equivalent to more than 8% of the price of your travel arrangements you will have the option of accepting a change to another tour if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel you must do so within the time period shown on your final invoice Should the price of your tour go down due to the cost changes mentioned above, then any refund due will be paid to you. We will deduct from this refund our administrative expenses incurred. Please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place. If you do not inform us within 14 days from the issue date printed on our additional charge invoice, we are entitled to assume that you will pay the additional charge. Any additional charge must be paid with the balance of the cost of the arrangements or within 14 days of the issue date printed on the additional charge invoice, whichever is the later.
- ● Changes other than the price
It is a term of this booking that we are able to make changes to any aspect of your booking. Most changes will be categorised as minor such as, but not limited to, changes to the overseas airport, airline, aircraft, ferries or coaches used, changes to departure times of less than 12 hours, the withdrawal of certain facilities or change of hotel of equivalent or higher standard Occasionally, we have to make a significant change which may include a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard for the whole or a major part of the time you are away; a change of resort area for the whole or a major part of the time you are away; a change of outward departure time or overall length of time you are away of 12 or more hours; and a change of UK departure point (except as between Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, London Southend or Luton and instances where we offer connecting transportation). Or change your journey distance by more than 150 miles; you will have the rights as set out below:
- ◦ Accepting the changed arrangements or
- ◦ Purchasing an alternative Tour from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available (if the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will ask you to pay the difference) or
- ◦ Cancelling or accepting the cancellation, in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us including an appropriate refund of insurance premium.
- ◦ If we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel
- ◦ If you choose to accept alternative arrangements
- ◦ If changes are made due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances that were unforeseeable and outside of our control (see clause 10)
- ◦If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advised against all and all but essential travel
|Period before departure within which a ‘significant change’ is notified to you or your Travel Agent||Compensation|
|More than 70 days||Nil|
|35 – 70 days||£5|
|14 days or less||£15|
In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to the above mentioned options.
9. IF WE CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
We reserve the right to cancel your booking for any reason. We start planning tours many months in advance and we do endeavour to avoid changes or cancellations. Occasionally, we have to make changes to and update the content in our published information both before and after bookings have been confirmed, and we may have to cancel confirmed bookings. We will not cancel within 12 weeks before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance (please see clause 6 - cancellations). Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. If your tour is cancelled us including cancellations due to the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), so as to advise changes to advise against all travel and all but essential travel or unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, you can either have a refund of all monies paid excluding insurance, or accept an alternative tour of a comparable standard from us if we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). In the event a refund is paid to you, we will:
- 1. 1. Provide an appropriate refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
- 2. 2. Pay compensation as detailed in clause 8 except where the cancellation is due to the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes to advise against all travel and all but essential travel or unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances.
10. CHANGES DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We regret that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense as a result of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances outside of our control. In these booking conditions unavoidable and extraordinary means any event or circumstances which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include: war (whether actual or threatened), riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, pandemics, fire and other situations which are outside our control.
11. LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
We will take reasonable skill and care to properly perform our contractual obligations to you. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform, or improper performance, of the travel services included in this package in accordance with clause 12; Complaints.
(1) We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description which results from:
- A. the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected;
- B. the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- C. Unavoidable or extraordinary circumstances as defined in clause 10 above, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or
- D. An event which either ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers and subcontractors could not, even with all due care, have foreseen or forestalled.
- E. As a result of the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advice changing.
In the event of (B), (C), (D) and (E) above, we will nevertheless provide you with reasonable assistance should you require it but reserve the right to pass on any charges we incur.
(2) The services and facilities included in your tour will be deemed to be provided with reasonable skill and care if they comply with any local regulations which apply, or, if there are no applicable local regulations, if they are reasonable when compared to the local standards or customary practice of the service or facility in question. The fact that services or facilities do not comply with local or UK guidance or advice shall not mean that the services or facilities in question have not been provided with reasonable skill and care.
(3) We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause as follows:
- 1. . Loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money, Where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions, (including money), the maximum amount is limited to the excess amount payable under your insurance policy per person affected. You are required to have taken out adequate insurance at the time of booking.
- 2. Claims not falling under (a) above or not involving injury, illness or death. The maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected. This maximum amount will only be payable where it is deemed that your group have not received any benefit at all from your booking.
- 3. Claims in respect of international travel by air, sea and rail, or any stay in a hotel.
- 4. TThe extent of our liability will in all cases be limited to the same extent as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, Directives and Regulations, which include but are not limited to The Warsaw/Montreal Convention (international travel by air); The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices or obtain them online. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' are incorporated into this contract and will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge and agree that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
- 5. In any circumstances in which a carrier is liable to you by virtue of the Denied Boarding Regulation 2004, reimbursement, in such cases, is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your tour cost from us. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment to you by the airline will be deducted from this amount.
- 6. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from any supplier or the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
(4) The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited to the same extent as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, Directives and Regulations, which include but are not limited to The Warsaw/Montreal Convention (international travel by air); The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices or obtain them online. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' are incorporated into this contract and will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge and agree that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or any business losses.
(6) We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our contractual agreement as set out in our confirmation invoice. For example, any excursion you book, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.NB This entire clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on tour.
(7) Any liability is limited to the value of the individuals tour price.
(8) We both acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 global crisis and accept our obligations to comply with any official guidance from governments or local authorities, both in the UK and whilst on tour. Please note that we will have no liability for any refunds, compensation, costs, expenses or other losses of any kind incurred by you (including, where applicable, the cost of medical treatment), in the following circumstances:
- (a) If you, or anyone in your booking party, test positive for Covid-19 and have to quarantine for a period of time, or are notified or otherwise become aware that you have, or suspect you may have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or where they otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time. If this happens within 14 days of your departure date, you must contact us as you may no longer be able to travel. We will offer you the following options where possible and subject to availability:
If this happens whilst you are on your tour, please notify us without delay and we will provide such reasonable assistance as we can in the circumstances. However, we will not be responsible for covering the cost of any curtailment of your tour, missed transport arrangements, additional accommodation required, or other associated costs incurred by you. You must ensure you have travel insurance which covers these costs for you.
- 1. Postponing your tour to a later date. We will notify you of any impact on the price the postponement may have (please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your tour, such as the flight, as well any increase in cost imposed by other suppliers);
- 2. If not everyone on the booking is affected, you will have the right to transfer that place on the tour to another person nominated by The Party Leader, subject always to the requirements of clause 6;
- 3. Cancelling the tour, in which case we will impose our standard cancellation charges as at the date of cancellation by you. You may be able to claim these costs back from your travel insurance.
- (b) You fail any tests, checks or other measures imposed by a supplier, airline, port or airport, border control authority or other government body or local authority or fail to submit for testing or assessment when requested to do so, and as such you are denied entry to board the flight, entry to the destination, access to the services or you are otherwise unable to proceed with the tour, or that portion of the tour.
- (c) You also acknowledge that the suppliers providing your tour, including airlines, hotels and excursion providers, will need to comply with national and/or local guidance and requirements relating to Covid-19, and have implemented certain measures as a result. This will likely include specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment, such as use of face-masks by staff (and you may be required to wear a face-mask as well), social distancing, maximum number restrictions on the use of certain facilities, designated alternative entrance and exit routes, mandatory hand sanitisation, limited entertainment options and limited food/drink availability. We do not expect these measures to have a significant impact on your enjoyment of the tour and all measures will be taken with the purpose of securing your safety and those around you.
12. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If you have a complaint about any of the services included in your tour, you must inform our representative travelling with you or in resort (if applicable) or our Emergency contact (details of which are listed on your itinerary) without undue delay who will endeavour to put things right. If it is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your correspondence concise and to the point. If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint in resort we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify it and this may affect your rights under this booking. Please also see clause 3 above on ABTA.
Adequate and valid travel insurance for your chosen tour is compulsory and it is a condition of accepting your booking that you agree you and the tour participants will have obtained adequate and valid travel insurance. We recommend you take out insurance as soon as your booking is confirmed. You are strongly advised to insure your party against any possible risk that may occur and in particular force majeure events. Some policies can exclude winter or adventure sports, so you must check your cover to ensure that it includes, for example, medical expenses; repatriation; mountain rescue; cancellation, curtailment and legal expenses cover. You must supply us with evidence of your cover.
14. PASSPORTS & VISAS
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates.
1. It is the sole responsibility of the traveller or their legal guardians to:
- (a) identify the visa requirements for their child (including but not limited to transit visas for airport transfers),
- (b) obtain such visas
- (c) ensure the continued validity of such visas throughout the entire travel period and
- (d) ensure their child carries the required visa or residency permit for re-entry into their country of Origin. We will not be held liable in respect of any claims arising due to students failing to obtain the correct visa or being refused travel.
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
By way of guidance most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office of your country of Origin and your destination entry requirement.
Please be aware special conditions apply for travel to both the USA and Canada, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports and have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) for the USA or Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) for Canada.
Visa and entry requirements do change from time to time and it is the responsibility of the tour organiser to ensure that all tour participants have the correct documentation for travel and entry.
It is The Party Leader’s responsibility to ensure that all names are given to us in full and as shown on the individuals’ passport. Full participant names are required at time of booking or at an alternative date as agreed by Equity in writing. We do not accept any responsibility for incorrect/abbreviated names submitted to us and any subsequent amendments will be dealt with as a name change and will incur the applicable charges outlined in amendments below. Passenger information (including full name, age at time of travel, gender) is requested and required at time booking.
You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
15. HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
EHIC cards enable the holder to take advantage of the reciprocal health schemes available between members of the European Union, providing access to state-provided emergency treatment and necessary healthcare on temporary visits to the UK and other European countries. The Party Leader is responsible for passing on any health requirement information to other party members.
Health facilities, hygiene and disease risk vary worldwide. You should take health advice about your specific needs as early as possible. Before travelling we strongly advise you to consult your own medical practitioner who will be in the best position to take into account any relevant personal factors or newly reported epidemics. If you are prone to illness please ensure that you carry enough medication as some medicines may not be available locally.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect the Tour arrangements of that person, please tell us before you confirm your booking, so we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen Tour. If we feel unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline/cancel their reservation. We will not be liable for any loss arising from your failure to inform us about any medical problem, disability or special need which might affect your enjoyment or participation on your tour.
We must be informed either at the time of booking, or as soon as possible thereafter, of any guest who is, or becomes, pregnant and who at the time of travelling will be post 28 weeks pregnant. After this point some carriers may refuse travel or will require a relevant medical certificate that confirms the guest has medical approval for flying.
16. SPECIAL REQUESTS
We will do our best to meet special requests made by you and pass these on to the appropriate persons provided that they are clearly noted on the booking form or sent to us in writing. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed to a supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. All special requests are subject to availability. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Any dietary requests will be passed to the suppliers of services, we are not responsible for the failure of a service provider in meeting the requirement. Tour participants should be in contact with the service provider to ensure dietary requirements are met.
17. AIR AND FERRY TRAVEL
The carrier(s), flight or ferry timings and types of aircraft shown on our website and detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation by the carrier of whom we have no control we will ensure timings are available for your tour. On peak dates there is heightened pressure on limited services and we may need to amend any timings on the tour. We shall inform you of the identity of the actual carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of it. The latest flight or ferry timings will be shown on your tickets which will be dispatched to you approximately two weeks before your departure date. You should check your tickets very carefully and immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. If flight times change after tickets have been dispatched, we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know.
If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit does not apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your tour.
For certain destinations where we feature more than one accommodation, groups will be allocated to a specific accommodation closer to departure (dates vary based on supplier & destination). Please advise us of your preferred accommodation (request subject to availability). Some properties may not be available on all advertised dates and are booked on a request basis by us. We reserve the right to change your hotel accommodation to an equivalent or higher standard alternative accommodation prior to departure. (clause 8).
An increasing number of accommodations require a damage deposit. This will either be shown on your final balance invoice or it will be payable in resort on arrival; it is refunded provided no damage is incurred. We will advise this at the time of booking or as soon as this is made known to us. Any damage incurred greater than the value of the damage deposit will be the sole liability of The Party Leader.
Please note that rooming and room types will vary between hotels and across countries. Accommodations may provide bunk beds, double beds, Austrian twins or in North America, shared queen beds. Please inform us of any rooming requests but please be aware that these may not always be possible and additional supplements may be applicable. Check in and check out times will vary according to the accommodation and therefore, these will be advised by your Group Coordinator.
Your board basis provided by each accommodation is detailed on your tour quote letter and in your itinerary. We must be advised of allergies or special dietary requirements at enquiry stage so we can advise whether chosen accommodation is suitable.
We cannot guarantee the provision of towels and soap in all of our accommodations and group members should provide their own. In the interest of hygiene, group members should be able to identify and use their own towels. Usage of facilities such as Wi-Fi, swimming pool, hot tubs and saunas are determined by suppliers in accordance with local custom, guidelines, practice or regulations. Charges may apply for facilities. Facilities can be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the accommodation provider.
Ski accommodations described as offering “doorstep” skiing will be dependent on individual skiers’ ability and snow conditions in resort. Where walking distances are quoted, it is based on the guideline time for an adult walking 100m in one minute in standard footwear as timings will vary on footwear and conditions including personal fitness. Free ski bus services may be subject to capacity restrictions.
19. CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOUR
When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to us or to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier of services to whom loss or damage is caused. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party's full legal costs) as a result of your actions. We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, (for example but not limited to, any airline pilot, coach driver, accommodation owner or manager, or senior member of our staff), you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, we reserve the right within our reasonable discretion and without prior notice, to terminate the Tour of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation or other service. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made, and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination. We will also seek recovery of any outlay or losses we incur, including our own legal costs.
The Party Leader accepts responsibility for the good conduct of all participants during the tour and for school trips warrants that the correct ratio of responsible adults will be on active duty at all times to ensure that all participants behave well. Furthermore, it is The Party Leader's responsibility specifically to ensure that:
- 1. All local laws relating to the consumption of alcohol must at all times be obeyed by participants,
- 2. No participant consumes alcohol to excess
- 3. Participants comply with local laws
- 4. No participant uses illegal substances
- 5. No participant smokes in a hotel bedroom or in any other way causes a fire hazard
- 6. Participants act in a responsible way and do not behave in a way likely to cause damage to property or offence to other people.
20. WITHDRAWAL OR LIMITATION OF FACILITIES FOR WHICH WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE
We draw your attention to the following non-exclusive circumstances which fall outside our direct control and where we are not prepared to accept liability. Note that some amenities (e.g. hotel lifts, swimming pools, etc.) require servicing and cleaning and may therefore not be available at all times and their availability is at the discretion of the provider of the service. Entertainment (particularly live entertainment) provided by hotels is frequently subject to demand; its nature and frequency may be varied and there may be a lack of demand or insufficient numbers in the hotel. Adverse weather may also affect availability of ski areas, ice rinks, bus services, après ski activities or ski lift facilities in which case our suppliers will do their best to offer alternative facilities or activities.
Piste Closure: We cannot be held responsible for weather affecting the availability of ski areas. Your travel insurance should be checked to ensure this is covered within your policy.
Ski School: We draw your attention to the following:
- 1. A total of 4 hours ski school lessons per day with a qualified local ski school are provided as part of the Equity standard package booking. Based on this Equity does not recommend free skiing as an alternative to lessons.
- 2. Equity advises party leaders to check the rulings by country and resort relating to UK leaders and instructors to lead or teach on the mountain – this is not something actively encouraged by Equity and is the responsibility of the Party Leader to check and adhere to local rulings.
Italian Ski School: Whilst confirmed as a 2 hour lesson, in Italy these lessons usually last approximately 1 hour 50 minutes to allow instructors enough time between lessons.
Ferries: Whilst we will make every effort to secure the ferry route of your choice this cannot be guaranteed.
Coaches: If you have booked the services of an Equity representative, they may also travel with you on your coach. We also reserve the right to utilise any empty coach seats for our other staff.
Outside of any Equity organised activity sessions led by qualified instructors, you and accompanying school adults as “loco parentis” are responsible for the supervision of students at all times, and is never the responsibility of Equity staff.
Luggage space on all coaches is limited. Each passenger may place one medium-sized case or hold-all weighing not more than 15 kilos in the hold and take one small piece to be placed under the seat or on the overhead rack. We recommend using soft pack luggage rather than hard shell suitcases. For additional luggage requirements, please contact the coach company directly for their advice. We cannot accept responsibility for transporting luggage which cannot be accommodated in the coach hold.
21. CONDITIONS OF SUPPLIERS
Many of the services which make up your Tour are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which you agree are incorporated into the terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from ourselves or the supplier concerned.
Standards of, for example, safety, hygiene, and quality vary throughout the transport and destinations that your tour may involve. Sometimes these standards will be lower than those which would be expected in the UK. The suppliers of the services and facilities included in your tour should comply with local standards where they are provided.
22. DATA PROTECTION
23 LAW AND JURISDICTION
The contracting parties irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.
24. PARTIAL INVALIDITY
If, at any time, any provision of this agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under any law of any jurisdiction, neither the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions nor the legality, validity or enforceability of such provision under the law of any other jurisdiction will in any way be affected or impaired”
25. SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS OF THESE CONDITIONS
These booking conditions have been produced in conjunction with our latest programme. We may alter these terms and conditions at any time. If we do so, all subsequent bookings will be governed by the newer version. You must check our relevant trading website for the applicable up to date version of these terms and conditions: www.equity.co.uk/booking-conditions.